Why you need more protein

 OK let’s chat about protein.

I have come to realize that so many of you need to be educated about protein and how unbelievably important it is especially if you are an active individual that goes to gym and obviously wants to see/feel results.

I am going to sum it up for you shortly because I know most of you are “too busy” to even eat protein.

1.        If you are doing resistance training, you are breaking down the muscles. Protein is vital to repair those muscles so that they can recover and become stronger. Getting stronger is obviously the reason we gym – So if you don’t consume enough protein , the process will take a lot longer!

2.        Consuming enough protein also speeds up your metabolism, so if your goal is weight loss, consuming enough protein is absolutely vital!

3.        See protein as Building blocks. If you don’t consume enough you won’t reach your full potential when it comes to building a lean/strong body.

4.       Also, people want a sixpack and nice “toned” arms. Doing the exercises is the easy part. It’s the protein that you consume that will ultimately be the reason you reach your goals or not.

Ok.......

I am not saying you must only eat protein, your body also needs fats and carbs but the one thing I need you to focus on is consuming more protein. That’s Your first challenge!

Protein rich foods: (a few of them)

1.        Chicken

2.        Fish

3.        Red meat

4.        Cheese

5.        Lentils

6.        Eggs

7.        Pork

8.        Low fat yogurt

9.        Cottage cheese

10.      Greek yogurt

11.      Peanut butter

If you can’t consume these foods for whatever reason I highly suggest a protein shake which is super easy to consume and will boost your protein. (Ask me if you want more info)

Also if you want to know how much protein you need – ask – and I will calculate it for you.

Anton.V.Fitness


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building the ultimate lean, strong and healthy body

Body composition

Strength training