Body composition


Body composition

I often walk around the gym talking about "body composition" and individuals have no clue what it means... Individuals will often tell me they want to lose fat, build muscle etc... Then I say ah yes! You want to change your body composition.... 

OK body composition refers to the amount or percentage of fat, muscle and bone your body consists of. So in my case (being a PT) I help people change their body composition. I help people lose fat and build muscle. 

By now you should hopefully know how that's done. If you don't.. Let me quickly tell you..... 
  • Strength training and protein intake builds muscle. 
  • More muscle = less fat (that's how the body works) 
  • More muscle and less fat = lean/strong body
So what I really want you to focus on is improving your body composition. Focus on getting stronger (strength training/progressive overload) 

Eat enough protein to help repair and build those muscles 

Stick to your calorie/macro targets daily. 

If you do the above consistently, your body composition will change, you will become a lean machine, you will be stronger and fitter and feel amazing. So go lift those weights and eat that protein 🤘🏻




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building the ultimate lean, strong and healthy body

Strength training